This is a test....oh wait...no it's real!

Saturday, August 30, 2008


OK...so here is a brief intermission from my chapters to tell you about the latest news.

As many of you may know, the weather has been quite active lately and as we enter the exciting month of September, we also enter the busiest part of hurricane season. This year it is no exception. Looks like we will be getting a nice dose of storms in the next few weeks and although it's still early to tell if this year will be a repeat of a few years ago it sure feels like it. For those of you who don't know, three years ago after hurricane Katrina hit, we (Texas) got slammed with Hurricane Rita. While the storm turned out not to be as bad as it could have been, the true adventure was the 24 hour trip to my friend Tatiana's house. This was known as "The Rita Exodus". Mind you it takes 2 hours to get to her house under normal situations. Take me out to lunch and I will have to tell you about that sweet adventure. :p Let me just say, that I HOPE it's not the same situation again!

So...what does Mother Nature have in store for us this time around? Well, it looks like a double dose of storms starting with Hurricane Gustav (I call it Gus for short) and the still uncertain Tropical Storm Hanna (no relation to Hannah Montana). Our main focus for now is Hurricane Gustav. It has spiraled and danced around the Caribbean and is now looking like it's making a nice beeline trip towards Louisiana. The "Cone of Uncertainty" has the possiblity of it landing between Texas and Florida so we are all on alert. The real pain with this storm is that we've been watching it for so dang long! Ha! When it became an official storm it was moving slower than molasses at 5 mph. Now I guess since it has more steam, it's moving faster like a little locomotive. Choo choo!

If it hits Lousisiana, I really feel bad for them. They are in no position to bear another storm since they aren't even recovered from Katrina. The thing is that someone has to get the brunt of it, and sadly anywhere it hits is going to be a disaster area and like any human in the world, I hope it's not where we are. While there are two active storms in the Caribbean, there are also a few developing in the Atlantic off the coast of the Hurricane Factory (aka Africa). I guess people are going to start paying attention to Al Gore now since he's probably going to say that this crazy weather is due to Global Warming. Makes sense though. The ocean is jacked up and warmer than it used to be. Guess people will rethink using that bottle of water and plastic bag at the supermarket now.

So...for the second time this month we are on watch again. Luckily this time I don't have to worry about having a kid again! Ha! I leave that to any other mother who is due! Have fun with that! What I do know is that the weather is going to be really crappy next week and that I won't be able to go into the pool. :( All storm and no swim make Kat a sad girl. He, he.

Well..that is my news brief for now.

We will now continue with your program which is now in progress.....

0 comments: