Hurricane Shmermicane....right? Hmmm

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Well....as sad as it is for the New Orleans folk I'm relieved that it's not coming our way. Thank goodness that we don't have to go and evacuate. That makes me feel a lot better since I don't have Skip here and although it's Mom and me, it would be difficult to have done everything to make sure the house was fine with just the two of us. I'm also very relieved that we don't have to drive away! LOL...I just keep thinking of the time we had to drive to my friend Tatiana's house during before Hurricane Rita. I don't' think it would have been much fun if it was the same commute with a kid, two pets, and a Mom. Ha, ha, ha

So...anyway, I think we will be fine here in Houston. It will most likely be rainy and windy, but nothing like it could have been, thank goodness! And I think that if it were heading to us, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy my friend's baby's Christening today. It was really cool! I will have to put up pictures once I upload them. It was so much better than your traditional christening. It felt so much more real and heartfelt. But this is my opinion. I'm sure traditional works for some people, but I love my friend Amy's approach.

Well...it's time to eat some dinner so I shall go now and hopefully continue the chapters now that this intermission is coming to an end.

Take care everyone! Keep dry!

0 comments: