Dog dayz of....Spring?

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hello everyone!!!

It's been a crazy week at work and with Skip gone, even crazier at home. But today I managed to have a really good time with Mya and my walking group. We participated in the Second Annual Trot for Spot hosted by the Animal Alliance of Galveston County. AAGC supports the community by providing low cost spay & neuter surgeries. 100% of the money you raise goes to programs to end pet overpopulation in our area. Very good cause! Here are some pictures of the event:


The Pit Bull is Mya's boyfriend, Villain. He's a sweetheart. He got a way a few times, it was quite funny. Probably not for Amanda (his owner), but there were many people there to catch him! I'm also adding a nice little slideshow with more pics. They are also in my Picasa Album. I think Mya had a good time. She got to walk, bark at other doggies, jumped over some bars in the obstacle course and I got her some treats which she is now protecting from Jack and whoever walks by her. Also found that there is a boutique for doggies with cute clothes so I will go there sometime this week. I want to see if I can find a shirt for her for the baby shower that would be cute. Yes I dress my dog...sue me. :)

Speaking of dressing my dog, last night after I bathed and gave her a haircut I sewed a bandana for her! Yup I sewed! She's actually wearing it in the pics. To the right you will see the actual bandana I made...it's a little sloppy but give me a break I don't normally sew! Then on the left you will see her proudly modeling my little creation. Now that I kind of know what to do, I will make her a few more. It's neat cuz I used some fringe I had bought eons ago and used velcro! Very nice if I say so myself. I guess after sewing Skip's patches, I did not have my fill. It was fun although frustrating at times since I'm a novice. Wish I could go in a straight line...Practice I suppose.

Anyway, we had a very nice time. :) Tomorrow I host my first meeting in my Puerto Rican culture group. We are going to a "rican" restaurant in town and I'm going to show them what we eat. Hopefully it will be good! I will post again tomorrow with that outcome! Till then....don't forget to spay and neuter your pets!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eat some platanos for me!!!